Friday, November 23, 2018

Congress needs to Fund a Medical Police Officer for every major Hospital in the U.S.

No patient or person who accompanies a patient to the ER should ever feel like they are being threatened by ER personnel. No patient or person who accompanies a patient to the ER should ever feel like they have nobody to turn to when they feel the law is being broken by actual ER personnel.

My Mother and I were put through a torturous situation in the ER that directly led to my Mother's death. I have been able to deduce that between 7 to 9 laws were broken by ER personnel, along with gross misconduct by others. If just one person out of the over a dozen personnel I interacted with over the final 3 days of my mother's life had taken my mother's best interest to heart, my mother would most likely be alive today.

If I just could have pushed a red button in my mother's ER room when the abuse from ER personnel started, oh wait, the abuse most likely would not have even occurred. And that is my point. People should have an unbiased advocate with medical training, aka Medical Police, available in the ER to prevent illegal actions by ER personnel from occurring. 
  
Because of my mother's age, she was 91, no lawyer is even remotely interested in the 9 violations of law that directly caused my mother's death. Lawyers actually hate when too many things conspire to kill a person because it means everyone can pass the buck to someone else. Make the person 91 years old and its game over, no justice for my Mother and her son.

I called law enforcement after my mother was denied treatment and they literally said it was a civil matter between us and the hospital. How can being denied life saving treatment, and refusing to recheck my mother's vitals, be considered a civil matter when the ER is where a person is supposed to go?

After that harrowing encounter in the ER, followed by a pointless stop at a pharmacy to pick up a medicine that could not be given because it was in conflict with another medication, followed by a trip to the Urgent Care and reluctance to call for an ambulance even though my Mother could no longer walk she was so exhausted from having walking Pneumonia, followed by a trip to a second pharmacy for Amoxicillin, followed by taking Mom home, I called the first responders and left a panicked message. It was now around Midnight on a Saturday night and I got an answering machine. The Answering machine gave no warning that the record time was running  out. So I left a second message and once again the machine cut off all at once. I left my phone number on the third message. I was in distress, it was obvious from my messages. I thought the first responders would call back on Sunday or Monday, they never called back.

I know the first responders heard my messages because when my mother went code blue at home 2 days later, these same first responders showed up and the first thing the guy with the curly hair said was..... SHUT UP!  I was not allowed to say one word. I later deduced that this guy must have heard the recorded messages I had left, when my mother was still alive, and took "offense" to my not understanding why my mother's pneumonia symptoms were not mentioned to the ER when they brought her in. The man with the curly hair must have literally dropped her off in the ER and said nothing about the Walking Pneumonia I was certain my mother had. Apparenty I had "offended" the curly haired man, the ambulance driver with my long, distressed messages left over the weekend after the nightmare in the ER had occurred, I can only guess it might have been for asking why they didn't relay my information about my mother's pneumonia to the ER. I just wanted them to call me back so I would know what to do next, when they didn't I became fearful. I had already had a false HIPAA and false Code Gray called on me in the ER. Now both the POLICE and the Emergency Responders had basically blown me off. 

As my mother lay dead, in our home, the first responders tried to revive her. This same curly haired man STOPPED THE AMBULANCE on the way to the hospital, with my Mother having CPR being performed in the back of the ambulance, got out in slow motion in the middle of the street, and told me not to follow. I have never followed an ambulance before in my life. I had told them I would follow before we left, nobody objected, they were only going about 20 miles an hour, I was a safe two seconds behind them, there was no danger to anyone at that slow speed, plus they said it was ok to follow them.

The curly haired man was so deranged he must have mistook my turning on my lights as a sign I wanted them to go faster. I just turned on the lights so that I could be more visible, to be safer. The Curly haired man must have seen me turn on the lights because within a second or two the ambulance came to a stop in the middle of the street. I had been behind for the past 3 minutes, why stop now just 1/2 mile from the Hospital? It was because I turned my lights on. The curly haired man must have thought I was telling him to go faster and he was having nothing of it, so he stopped the ambulance with my dead Mother in it while a team tried to revive her, so he could saunter in slow motion getting out of his car to scold me for following. 

Imagine having an ER Nurse call a false HIPAA violation on me, then another Nurse call  a code Gray on me, for what, for pulling out my camera to document their refusal to triage my mother's wheezing, which started while she was on her ER bed. Then that night the police I called on the phone tell me it's a civil matter and to leave the police out of it, then the emergency responders do not even respond to my phone messages. What was I supposed to think. Where was I supposed to turn to? Yes, I spoke with my Mother's doctor the day before she died, and that was probably what sealed my mother's fate. 

All of this insanity could have been prevented if I just could have pressed a red button on the wall of the ER room and had an ethical person with a medical background, A Medical Police Person, review what was going on. 

I cried while writing this, I had a PTSD moment as I re lived how one nurse could Incite five other nurses to imminent lawlessness by making a false Code Gray charge when all I did was pull out a camera to document that they were not going to acknowledge or triage my mother's wheezing in the ER.

My Mother would be alive today if we had one Medical Police person in each major hospital, and a red button on the wall that I could have pushed when our room became blockaded by a cadre of Nurses and one Security Guard who had no interest in checking on my mother's wheezing, just forcibly removing the camera from my hands and then erasing the video I had shot of my mother's wheezing, and then forcibly removing us from the ER.

No comments:

AddToAny