Monday, December 17, 2018

The 10 Ways ER Lawlessness led to the Death of the Sweetest Person on the Planet, my Mother.

HIPAA Fraud by one ER Nurse on March 10, 2018 in an E.R. in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles County directly led to the Death of My Amazing 91 year old Mother 2 1/2 days later.

1. HIPPA FRAUD, Son asked Mother's ER Nurse to send Nurse Supervisor after ER Nurse Refused to check on his Mother's sudden onset of Wheezing. Instead the ER Nurse sent another Nurse in who immediately stated, "You are refusing to leave and you are keeping us from seeing other patients". This was a highly inflammatory comment to make towards us since my mother started Wheezing while in her ER bed and was not being checked for her worsening condition. The Nurse who tried to get us to leave seemed very nervous when she had walked into the room. It was as if my Mother's Nurse had ordered this other Nurse to try and get us to leave after I had specifically asked to speak with the Nurse Supervisor. Was this a conniving way to avoid getting the head nurse involved? Was this my Mother's ER Nurse's petulant way of winning and getting us to leave the ER without ever documenting my Mother's wheezing, which symptomatically was most likely the onset of pneumonia? 

How can an ER Nurse legally refuse to check my mother's sudden onset of wheezing? I pulled out my camera to document my mother's wheezing and the ER's refusal to evaluate my Mother's suddenly worsening condition. The Nurse immediately put her hand up to her face and with no discussion or giving me time to stop filming began loudly and repeatedly yelling "HIPAA Violation, you do not have permission to film me", as she rushed out of the ER Room and into the hallway where my Mother's Nurse was on a computer. My Mother's Nurse immediately called a Code Gray via intercom. I went into shock. I did not know what a Code Gray was, but I knew it could not be good and must be some type of violation.
2. EMTALA Violation, Refusal to treat sudden declining condition while my mother was on her ER Bed.

3. Elder Abuse, Refusal to treat Aged and Disabled Parent's declining condition while in her ER Bed which directly led to my Mother's death 2 and 1/2 days later.

4. False Code Gray used to Falsely Imprison son in the ER room by claiming son was a "Combatant".

5.  False Imprisonment. Son was detained in Mother's ER room. Doorway was blockaded by five or six nurses and Security Guard. Nurses had their arms folded as they blockaded ER room doorway. The Nurses refused to check on the welfare of my Mother, even though the pathway to her bed was completely unblocked as I was seated in an opposite corner of the room, pleading and begging for them to just check her wheezing.

6. Assault. My pocket video camera was forcibly removed from my hands by the Security Guard.

7. Destruction of Evidence. Son's Camera containing Video Evidence of ER's refusal to treat Aged and Disabled Senior was Forcibly removed from his hands and erased by Guard. Son repeatedly asked for a Nurse to check his Mother's Wheezing, all Nurses defiantly kept arms folded. All the group wanted was to erase the video, which the Security Guard did by force, and then force us to leave.

8. Incitement to Imminent Lawlessness. ER Nurse used FALSE HIPAA accusation to call a False Code Gray, leading to lawless acts by other Nurses and Security Guard as they mobilized against a "Combatant" threat in the ER when there was no threat. The Group as a whole detained me, refused to check on my Mother, and repeatedly chided me for keeping them from their own patients.

9. Psychological Abuse. I was repeatedly scolded by multiple nurses who had blockaded my Mother's ER room after the Fraudulent Code Gray had been called for refusing to leave the ER room with my mother so other patients could be seen, even though my mother was in distress. I was also reprimanded and told I was selfish for keeping the Nurses Away from their own Patients.

10. Elder Abuse by Security Guard when Guard aggressively pulled on My Mother's ankle because she was too exhausted to get out of the Wheelchair, and again when she could not get into the car.

If you believe in Rule of Law in the ER, I would like to see justice prevail for my Elderly Mother, whom I adored and respected for the honorable life she led. I also personally need to see justice prevail. I was treated as if I did not exist. My experience as my Mother's 8 year Caregiver was disregarded and ignored. I probably have some form of PTSD from reliving on a daily basis the ER's lawless actions, never understanding how my Mother could be treated like Garbage and her Caregiver Son be disregarded by ER personnel who were supposed to be there to save my Mother, not hasten her demise.

I called Law Enforcement that same night to Report the ER for what they did to my Mother. The Police Officer who answered the phone was condescending, saying it was a civil matter between the Hospital and us. Nobody would call an ambulance for us from that point on.

I've lost my mother, our home of 40 years may be next..

I just want to point out that My Mother and I were Gaslighted in the ER and when Gaslighting is administered, it can have severe psychological affects. The affects can be tolerated if one escapes and finds another place to fix the damage that was done. But when another place is not found, the damage is undescribeable.

-Alessandro Machi

No comments:

AddToAny